Board of Directors Roster
All members of the board support our programs and services through committee work and financial support. In addition, at least 51% of our board members are people with disabilities, and serve as role models for consumers.
Michael Bender, President
Mitchell Berry, Vice President
Chris Howrey, Secretary
Austin Bender, Treasurer
Robert Zeffert, Past President
Mary Ann Cheng
Board Members Wanted!
We are looking for people who:
- Want to work on behalf of people with disabilities
- Have a disability and successfully function in everyday life
- Live or work in Lincoln, Warren or St. Charles County
What we ask of our board members:
- Attend 6 board meetings per year typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:30 PM at Delta Center
- Serve on at least one committee
- Act as an ambassador for Delta Center in your community
- Advocate on behalf of individuals with disabilities
- Share your strategic thinking skills at meetings
Are there any financial obligations? Yes. Board members are asked to "get or give" an annual donation to Delta Center. The amount of the donation is left up to each board member. Board members are expected to pay their own expenses and provide their own transportation to board and committee meetings.
What next? Prospective board members are invited to visit 3 board meetings to see if Delta Center is a good fit for you and your skills. Please contact Delta Center at 636-926-8761 to verify the meeting dates and arrange to attend a meeting.
Delta Center increases Personal Freedom & Independence for persons with disabilities
Delta Center partners with people with disabilities and their communities to remove barriers and promote positive changes leading to greater independence.
We envision a world of acceptance, access, independence and self-determination for all.